Director, Product Management - Toronto
TribalScale is a global digital innovation firm that brings organizations — from the startup to the enterprise — into the future. We help our clients strategize, design, and build digital products through transformation engagements and individual project-builds. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive in deep to transforms teams; we teach the methods, the processes, and best practices needed to think and work like leading startups. And with TribalScale Venture Studios, we create disruptive startups in partnership with corporates and entrepreneurs. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists and futurists to create and transform with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Product, Toronto is primarily responsible for managing and enabling our product team in delivering world-class products. Under the direction of the VP of Delivery, and in collaboration with the other various departments represented by the leadership team at TribalScale, the Director of Product works as an orchestrator between Sales, Product, Engineering, and the design staff to ensure we are meeting client needs and exceeding all expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the Product Management team in Toronto
- Work with Sales, PMs, engineers, and designers to ensure we are delivering amazing software and maintaining our high quality standards globally
- Lead the charge on effectively communicating the what, why, and how of our solutions to clients and help gain buy-in
- Participate with other leaders in pitching TribalScale, scoping solutions, and ultimately delivering results
- Working closely with the Director of Engineering to ensure projects are appropriately staffed, and also working as a billable staff member as required
- Being an effective leader, coach and mentor for our ambitious and talented product management team members
- 7+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous experience managing successful teams
- Previous consulting experience.
- Proficiency with at least one agile methodology – e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
- User-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Can wear many different hats and collaborate well with Leadership, UX Designers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- Very strong communication skills and know how to influence.
- As comfortable working with engineers designing APIs as you are with executives communicating the value of lean methodologies and test-driven-development
- Humble - know your strengths, be comfortable with your weaknesses, and will ask for help when they need it.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE:
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomic, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.