Senior Agile Software Engineer - Irvine
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Elegantly bring designs to life by using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Lead client-facing projects in small teams
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 3+ years professional experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- 2+ years of experience with Spring Boot
- 2+ years of experience with React and Node
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis
- Experience writing Cloud Native (12-factor) applications on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, RackSpace or similar platforms
- Preferred experience working directly with clients
- Able to travel and work out of client offices
- Strong communication skills in a pair programming environment
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- System architecture and design
- Test Driven Development
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 99% dental and vision coverage, 80% health coverage and 50% dependent coverage
- Catered breakfasts on a daily basis
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry of snacks
- Basketball court, outdoor lounge, gym, putting green and complimentary bike share
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Entertainment subscription: Netflix, Hulu or Spotify
Make Meaningful Connections
- Weekly Friday socials
- Monthly in-office events: movies, game nights, potlucks, costume contests, and holiday festivities
- Monthly team activities in the LA/OC area
- Take a coffee break, chat, and relax in our fully-furnished outdoor courtyard with firepits
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.