UI/UX Designer - Irvine
Today, mobile isn't limited to the phones in our pocket; mobile is on our wrist, around our neck, its the devices all over our home and work. TribalScale is here because we see where technology is moving and we want to leverage our deep mobile experience to further accelerate connecting the world.
You're excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, drive design innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and client work at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers under minimal supervision.
- We all come from a pedigree that helped 'mobile eat the world', working with brands such as NBA, Facebook, Microsoft, Viacom, etc. Now we’re going to connect the world.
- You’ll get to collaborate and work with some of the most passionate folks in the tech scene from places like Toronto, NYC, SF, LA/OC, and Dubai.
- We want our employees to be at the forefront of their profession and offer plenty of opportunities to attend leading industry conferences/workshops.
- We play as hard as we work by holding company socials every Friday and monthly events in the LA/OC area.
- Our Irvine office is at the heart of the OC tech industry and is a beautiful open-concept workspace that promotes collaboration. We also offer free electric bikes to take on the many trails around our office and are only a few minutes away from Newport Beach.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES
- 1-3 years as a UI/UX designer or relevant consulting experience.
- Proficiency of UX design discipline – user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Immaculate attention to detail, typography, and interactivity.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Collaborate well with Product Mangers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and assets.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with motion graphics / animation.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Familiar with Lean Startup Methodologies, Design Sprints, and Gamestorming.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Catered breakfast every morning
- Weekly Lunch & Learns from industry leaders
- Friday socials every week and frequent group activities in the LA/OC area
- Fully stocked snack and drink bar in the office
- On-site gym, dry cleaning, and car washes in our building
- A Netflix account