Strategic Business Manager
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent (40 hours per week)
Wage: [$43.50 per hour]
TribalScale is a rapidly growing custom software design and development company, made up of the best and brightest from across the world. Headquartered in Toronto, TribalScale continues to expand its global footprint with offices in Dubai, New York, and California. Our teams create world-class products and digital experiences across Web, Mobile, and Emerging Technologies for notable brands, such as ABC News, AAA and PGA Tour, to usher them into the digital age. Some of the platforms and environments that we work with:
- Mobile Apps & Web Services (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Home
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
- We value meritocracy, transparency and empowerment.
- We offer equal opportunity for everyone to thrive in our innovative and collaborative environment.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and have tremendous growth opportunities.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion for building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit. You thoroughly enjoy a client facing role and the challenge of growing the business. You have a strong desire to work directly with founders who have world-class experience developing and launching products from the ground up.
We are seeking a Strategic Business Manager to work out of our Toronto office. The candidate should provide cross border business insight, advice and support the Business Operations, Leadership Team and Project & Product managers in Toronto on all ongoing projects in the Middle East and Asia Region
- Responsible for managing operations for the Dubai Cost Centre including but not limited to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, data and analytics related to performance, shared services and financing
- Managing all the key business activities of development, submissions, evaluations, contracting, implementation and reporting system
- Managing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan, as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash
- Produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training.
- Identify prospects and build a strong pipeline of new clients, aimed at building long-term revenue streams
- Develop and maintain relationships with current clients to drive new revenue
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some financial qualifications or training – a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves managing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
- Strong understanding of how a business operates and a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
- 10 + years of General management experience is essential for working in this job.
- Excellent networking skills.
- The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence/persuade others and gain acceptance/approval of controversial or innovative ideas and concepts.
- Ability to implement strategic plans
- Self-confident; highly motivated; high energy; ability to work under minimal supervision; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including a high level of competence using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and tools such as Slack, G-Suite
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, new challenges, and changing priorities/objectives.
- Knowledge and love of the technology industry
- Breakfast is provided every morning and we have a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly Lunch & Learns, presented by industry speakers
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Smash Bros, foosball or ping-pong
- Regular events including sports, Friday Socials and quarterly events
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Health benefits, including Akira membership account
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Netflix membership
- Office closed over Winter Holidays
The Tribe as a whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Become part of the Tribe.