Director of Product Management - Dubai
TribalScale is a digital innovation firm that brings organizations — from the startup to the enterprise — into the future. We help our clients strategize, design, and build digital products through transformation engagements and individual project-builds. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive in deep to transforms teams; we teach the methods, the processes, and best practices needed to think and work like leading startups. And with TribalScale Venture Studios, we create disruptive startups in partnership with corporates and entrepreneurs. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists and futurists to create and transform with us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Product - Dubai is primarily responsible enabling our team of product managers, engineers, and designers in delivering world-class products. Our Dubai office is growing quickly and is well suited for a multifaceted product leader that’s entrepreneurial, resourceful, and capable of working both in development details and strategic directions.
Under the direction of the Regional Director - Dubai, TribalScale, and in collaboration with the various departments represented by the executive team at TribalScale, the Director of Product works as an orchestrator between product, engineering, and design staff to ensure we are meeting client needs and exceeding all expectations.
With responsibility for building and leading our delivery operations in Dubai, the Director of Product regularly works alongside our local Regional General Manager to ensure our delivery team is growing and capable of meeting clients needs in the region, and with leadership in Delivery headquartered in Toronto to ensure the TribalScale methodologies and standard of excellence is maintained.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with local PMs, engineers, and designers to ensure we are delivering amazing software and maintaining our high quality standards
- Lead the charge on effectively communicating the what, why, and how of our solutions to clients and help gain buy-in
- Working closely with the Regional General Manager in pitching TribalScale, scoping solutions, and ultimately delivering results
- Working closely with the Director of Engineering to ensure projects are appropriately staffed, and also working as a billable staff member as required.
- Being an effective mentor for our ambitious talent, regardless of their discipline.
- 7+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous experience managing successful teams
- Previous consulting experience.
- Proficiency with at least one agile methodology – e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
- User-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Can wear many different hats and collaborate well with UX Designers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- Very strong communication skills and know how to influence without authority.
- As comfortable working with engineers designing APIs as you are with executives communicating the value of Lean methodologies and test-driven-development
- Entrepreneurial in nature: we’ve gone from 6-200 people in 2.5 years globally and 0-16 people in one year in Dubai. This opportunity is all about enabling the next phase of growth.
- Humble - know your strengths, be comfortable with your weaknesses, and will ask for help when they need it.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- $100/month for health and fitness allowances
- Coffee from the Sum of Us!
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Weekly team huddles
- Monthly in-office events: movies, game nights, potlucks, and fun contests
- Quarterly company events: beach days, desert camping, and more
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.