UI/UX Designer, Venture Studios
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
ABOUT VENTURE STUDIOS
TribalScale Venture Studios is a $100 million, 5-year program that partners with entrepreneurs to create disruptive startups. The program is a new model for Corporate Innovation Labs in partnership with entrepreneurs & Fortune 500 Companies. Venture Studios is predicated on partnership, and leverages innovation from both inside and outside of an enterprise with the objective of creating new disruptive companies from the ground up. Venture Studios will initially be focused on three industries in which TribalScale has deep domain expertise, enterprise customers, and connections to senior executives: Financial Services, Automotive, and Media. We are focused on partnering with entrepreneurs who are looking to build startups using Artificial Intelligence (AI), Voice, Blockchain, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented & Virtual Reality (AR/VR).
You're excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology, and you strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have an entrepreneurial and high impact on design and innovation. You will meaningfully contribute to both our work environment and the world at large. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between startup work, internal initiatives, and can support your peers under minimal supervision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with Product Manager on design sprints and user-experience ideation sessions
- Create wireframes, mockups, prototypes and assets during the discovery phase
- Develop elegant UIs for Venture Studio Projects
- Analyze user-feedbacks and incorporate in further product iterations
- Proficiency of UX design discipline – user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision, Figma).
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Immaculate attention to detail, typography, and interactivity.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process.
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Collaborate well with Product Managers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
- Produce materials for idea discovery and product development, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and assets.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Some entrepreneurial experience.
- Experience with motion graphics and animation.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Familiar with Lean Startup Methodologies, Design Sprints, and Gamestorming.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Regular fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meetups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.