Visual & Graphic Designer Internship
At TribalScale we like to think of ourselves as a global innovation company. But what does that mean? It means we don’t just build digital products for our clients, we help them transform into the kinds of companies that will lead the world into the 21st Century, and we do it — globally.
We’re a unique blend of digital transformation, product development and design. Our designers, product managers, engineers, and industry experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies. But more importantly, we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. We don’t just give them a fish, we teach them how to catch their own, because we’re excited to help build the future of technology and we want to give our clients the tools to build it with us.
We also partner with our clients to create new startups in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages our teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners.
All in all, our goal at TribalScale is to empower our clients to build success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
The Design Intern has the opportunity to support TribalScale in all aspects of the organization. This role is made for those who are passionate about the intersection of marketing, design, and technology. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you are able to quickly switch gears between external and internal initiatives, and you support your peers with minimal supervision.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
● We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
● We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
● Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
● Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
● We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
● Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply a user-centred approach to design problems
- Work collaboratively with engineers, project managers, and fellow designers in support of the TribalScale’s marketing projects
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and as required create presentations/decks
- Support event initiatives by creating digital and print collateral
- Prepare art files for flyers, poster signs, etc.
- Create graphic designs as directed by Director of Design, Marketing Director, and Lead Marketing Designer
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and take direction
- Assists all departments with graphic requests as needed
- Attend meetings with the marketing team, design team, or leadership team to receive requirements for work
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Attention to detail, typography, and interactivity
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices
- Ability to collaborate well with everyone at TribalScale
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process
- Understanding of UX design – user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
Stay Happy & Healthy
● Daily hot breakfast
● Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
● Office fitness and social events
● Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
● Perkopolis: company perk plan
● Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
● Friday socials to cap off a great week
● Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
● Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
● Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
● Tickets to local events, conferences & meetups
● Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
● Professional mentorship for personal and professional development
● Work on awesome projects and learn from the best in the business
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners. TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity. If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.