TribalScale is a rapidly growing digital product, design and development company, made up of the best and brightest from across the world. Headquartered in Toronto, TribalScale continues to expand its global footprint with offices in Dubai, New York, and Irvine, California. Our teams create world-class products and digital experiences across Web, Mobile, and Emerging Technologies for high profile brands, such as ABC News, AAA and PGA Tour, to usher them into the digital age.
Some of the platforms and environments that we work with:
- Mobile Apps & Web Services (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Home
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
- We value meritocracy, transparency and empowerment.
- We offer equal opportunity for everyone to thrive in our innovative and collaborative environment.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and have tremendous growth opportunities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual monthly operating statements & variances, reconciliations and account balance
- Maintain and improve chart of accounts; verify, allocate, and post transactions. Balance accounts by reconciling entries
- Prepare and process journal entries, financial transaction and expense details to Quickbooks
- Prepare cash receipts, cheques, payments and bank deposits
- Prepare working cash flow analysis and projections
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable operations
- Other as assigned
- Support departmental budget preparation
- Provide input for the development of policies and procedures
- Interact & maintain good relationships with external (tax) accounting partners
Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in related field (or equivalent)
- CPA preferred, or actively enrolled in designation program (CPA)
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounting or bookkeeping role
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including computer skills particularly GSuite, Excel and Quickbooks
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Strong understanding of:
- Business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Generally accepted accounting principles
- Breakfast is provided every morning and we have a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly Lunch & Learns, presented by industry speakers
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Smash Bros, foosball or ping-pong
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Health benefits, including Akira membership account
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Netflix membership
- Office closed over Winter Holidays
- Regular office events including game nights, movie nights, fitness sessions and more