Product Manager, Media - Venture Studios
At TribalScale we like to think of ourselves as a global innovation company. But what does that mean? It means we don’t just build digital products for our clients, we help them transform into the kinds of companies that will lead the world into the 21st Century, and we do it — globally.
We’re a unique blend of digital transformation, product development and design. Our designers, product managers, engineers, and industry experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies. But more importantly, we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. We don’t just give them a fish, we teach them how to catch their own, because we’re excited to help build the future of technology and we want to give our clients the tools to build it with us.
We also partner with our clients to create new startups in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages our teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners.
All in all, our goal at TribalScale is to empower our clients to build success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
ABOUT VENTURE STUDIOS
TribalScale Venture Studios partners with entrepreneurs and corporates to create, source, and scale disruptive startups. Venture Studios is based on an open model of corporate innovation, we leverage ideas, resources, and go-to-market paths from both inside and outside of a corporation’s four walls. Each studio follows a detailed, proprietary process that encompasses startup ideation, sourcing, filtering, prototyping, product development, iteration, and then company scaling.
We partner with corporations on Venture Studios in key verticals that we have the greatest opportunity to leverage our expertise and networks: Financial Services, Automotive, and Media, Travel & Tourism, Real Estate, Retail, Sports & Entertainment, and Enterprise Product. We are focused on identifying and scaling startups in technology areas we deeply understand and can add value: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Voice, Blockchain & Cryptocurrences, Connected Devices, In-Vehicle Tech, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented & Virtual Reality (AR/VR).
You're excited about building products in the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore meaningful interactions between financial services and technology. You want to have a high impact, drive product innovation, and powerfully contribute to the work environment at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments, and are able to quickly switch gears, you support your peers and can work under minimal supervision. You are also entrepreneurial and are able to adapt to rapid changes quickly.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Facilitate the discovery process by conducting competitive analyses and synthesizing findings to make data-driven selection decisions.
- Own the product backlog for the MVP: manage the project with regards to writing user stories, prioritize feature development, plan iterations, and manage a team of engineers and designers.
- Work closely with industry advisors and mentors to ensure a timely and delivery of features.
- Lead designs sprints and decide on how to prioritize product roadmaps.
- Help enable our corporate teams through pairing, and teaching best practices in agile product management.
- 2-5 years of experience in the media industry.
- 5+ years of experience in technology, software and/or product strategy.
- Ability to multi-task and switch contexts.
- Balanced ability to view things strategically and get things done.
- Entrepreneurial and willing to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Proficiency with at least one agile methodology, e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Can wear many different hats and collaborate well with UX Designers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Can guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to influence positively
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Being an entrepreneur: we love people who’ve started their own ventures, big or small.
- Worked on an XP team and can sing its praises.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Savvy with quantitative analysis and a working knowledge of statistics
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meetups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.