New Grad/Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. Your biggest pet peeve are products that fail to be great because they were shipped with defects. Your strengths include manual and automation testing, planning and execution for both web and mobile. You pride yourself in helping ship great products that are stable, reliable, and work flawlessly; even around the edge cases.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in sprint planning, estimation, and review processes using Agile methodologies for web and/or mobile
- Analyze the testing needs and develop testing strategy and plans
- Develop and execute manual and automated testing
- Work collaboratively within high performance cross-functional teams to ensure the clarity of requirements
- Developing and executing test suite for each testing phase
- Responsible for bug tracking and maintaining accurate status
- 1 year of experience in Quality Assurance, inluding experience in the design and development of test strategies for both web and mobile.
- Knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages and/or programming languages like Java.
- Understanding QA/Test Automation Best Practices.
- Strong analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Strongwritten and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Experience using tools like Pivotal Tracker and/or Jira.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- experience working with Selenium and Appium
- Experience with web services and APIs and understanding of testing for web based API.
Knowledge of Android Studio, Xcode, Espresso, EarlGrey is a plus
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front of the mobile revolution. We are expert builders in voice tech, and now, we're connecting the world. We work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomic, and many more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and is valued. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off. We promise you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business, and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.