New Grad/Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
At TribalScale we like to think of ourselves as a global innovation company. But what does that mean? It means we don’t just build digital products for our clients, we help them transform into the kinds of companies that will lead the world into the 21st Century, and we do it — globally.
We’re a unique blend of digital transformation, product development and design. Our designers, product managers, engineers, and industry experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies. But more importantly, we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. We don’t just give them a fish, we teach them how to catch their own, because we’re excited to help build the future of technology and we want to give our clients the tools to build it with us.
We also partner with our clients to create new startups in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages our teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners.
All in all, our goal at TribalScale is to empower our clients to build success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. Your biggest pet peeve are products that fail to be great because they were shipped with defects. Your strengths include manual and automation testing, planning and execution for both web and mobile. You pride yourself in helping ship great products that are stable, reliable, and work flawlessly; even around the edge cases.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in sprint planning, estimation, and review processes using Agile methodologies for web and/or mobile
- Analyze the testing needs and develop testing strategy and plans
- Develop and execute manual and automated testing
- Work collaboratively within high performance cross-functional teams to ensure the clarity of requirements
- Developing and executing test suite for each testing phase
- Responsible for bug tracking and maintaining accurate status
- 1 year of experience in Quality Assurance, inluding experience in the design and development of test strategies for both web and mobile.
- Knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages and/or programming languages like Java.
- Understanding QA/Test Automation Best Practices.
- Strong analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Strongwritten and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Experience using tools like Pivotal Tracker and/or Jira.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- experience working with Selenium and Appium
- Experience with web services and APIs and understanding of testing for web based API.
Knowledge of Android Studio, Xcode, Espresso, EarlGrey is a plus
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength. Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.