Product Manager (Automotive), Venture Studios
TribalScale is a digital innovation firm that brings organizations — from the startup to the enterprise — into the future. We help our clients strategize, design, and build digital products through transformation engagements and individual project-builds. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive in deep to transforms teams; we teach the methods, the processes, and best practices needed to think and work like leading startups. And with TribalScale Venture Studios, we create disruptive startups in partnership with corporates and entrepreneurs. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists and futurists to create and transform with us.
ABOUT VENTURE STUDIOS
TribalScale Venture Studios is a a $100 million, 5-year program that partners with entrepreneurs to create disruptive startups. The program is a new model for Corporate Innovation Labs in partnership with entrepreneurs & Fortune 500 Companies. Venture Studios is predicated on partnership, and leverages innovation from both inside and outside of an enterprise with the objective of creating new disruptive companies from the ground up. Venture Studios will initially be focused on four industries in which TribalScale has deep domain expertise, enterprise customers, and connections to senior executives: Financial Services, Automotive, Media and Travel/Hospitality. We are focused on partnering with entrepreneurs who are looking to build startups using Artificial Intelligence (AI), Voice, Blockchain, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented & Virtual Reality (AR/VR).
You're excited about building products in the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore meaningful interactions between financial services and technology. You want to have a high impact, drive product innovation, and powerfully contribute to the work environment at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments, and are able to quickly switch gears, you support your peers and can work under minimal supervision. You are also entrepreneurial and are able to adapt to rapid changes quickly.
- We value meritocracy, transparency, and empowerment.
- We offer equal opportunity for everyone to thrive in our innovative and collaborative environment.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and will have tremendous growth opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Facilitate the discovery process by conducting competitive analyses and synthesizing findings to make data-driven selection decisions.
- Own the product backlog for the MVP: manage the project with regards to writing user stories, prioritize feature development, plan iterations, and manage a team of engineers and designers.
- Work closely with industry advisors and mentors to ensure a timely and delivery of features.
- Lead designs sprints and decide on how to prioritize product roadmaps.
- Help enable our corporate teams through pairing, and teaching best practices in agile product management.
- 2-5 years of experience in the automotive industry.
- 5+ years of experience in technology, software and/or product strategy.
- Ability to multi-task and switch contexts.
- Balanced ability to view things strategically and get things done.
- Entrepreneurial and willing to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Proficiency with at least one agile methodology, e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Can wear many different hats and collaborate well with UX Designers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Can guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to influence positively
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Being an entrepreneur: we love people who’ve started their own ventures, big or small.
- Worked on an XP team and can sing its praises.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Savvy with quantitative analysis and a working knowledge of statistics
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.