Director of Engineering - Toronto
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
TribalScale is looking for a Director of Engineering to support our team and bring world class products to life. You will be responsible for growing, managing and mentoring our Toronto engineers. You will assist our business development team by bringing in projects and helping shape the technology decisions that we present to our clients. You have experience building software across web and mobile and enjoy learning about new technology. Come join our fast growing innovation firm!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Plan, guide, manage and support engineering activities and projects
- Utilize best practice engineering methods and provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives
- Create/design and manage requirements for systems and drive development from start to completion (including hands-on coding if needed)
- Manage the growth of the engineering team in our Toronto office, onboarding new hires and overseeing recruitment
- Mentor the engineers, acting as a role model, while working to ensure team members are growing professionally and quality products are being developed
- Collaborate with the business development team to represent our engineering team in scopings and pre-sales meetings
- Support the team in day-to-day operations while improving or create engineering processes
- Represent engineering in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- 6+ years of development experience
- 1+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience building production software with a focus on web or mobile
- Strong experience with agile methodologies of software development
- Excellent communication skills and a history of working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable with the start-up environment and interest in helping us grow to the next level!
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.