Director of Engineering - Toronto
TribalScale is a rapidly growing custom software design and development company, made up of the best and brightest from across the world. Headquartered in Toronto, TribalScale continues to expand its Global footprint with offices in Dubai, New York, and California. Our teams create world-class products and digital experiences across Web, Mobile, and Emerging Technologies for high profile brands, such as ABC News, AAA and PGA Tour, to usher them into the digital age.
Some of the platforms and environments that we work with:
- Mobile Apps & Web Services (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Home
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
- We value meritocracy, transparency and empowerment.
- We offer equal opportunity for everyone to thrive in our innovative and collaborative environment.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and have tremendous growth opportunities.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market
TribalScale is looking for a Director of Engineering to support our team and bring world class products to life. You will be responsible for growing, managing and mentoring our Toronto engineers. You will assist our business development team by bringing in projects and helping shape the technology decisions that we present to our clients. You have experience building software across web and mobile and enjoy learning about new technology. Come join our fast growing innovation firm!
- Plan, guide, manage and support engineering activities and projects
- Utilize best practice engineering methods and provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives
- Create/design and manage requirements for systems and drive development from start to completion (including hands-on coding if needed)
- Manage the growth of the engineering team in our Toronto office, onboarding new hires and overseeing recruitment
- Mentor the engineers, acting as a role model, while working to ensure team members are growing professionally and quality products are being developed
- Collaborate with the business development team to represent our engineering team in scopings and pre-sales meetings
- Support the team in day-to-day operations while improving or create engineering processes
- Represent engineering in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- 6+ years of development experience
- 1+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience building production software with a focus on web or mobile
- Strong experience with agile methodologies of software development
- Excellent communication skills and a history of working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable with the start-up environment and interest in helping us grow to the next level!
- Catered breakfast every morning
- Fully stocked fridge of drinks and pantry of snacks
- Weekly Lunch and Learns from industry leaders
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Entertainment subscription (Netflix, Hulu or Spotify)
- Monthly in-office events (i.e. movie/game nights, potlucks, costume contests, holiday festivities)
- Friday socials every week and frequent group activities in the LA/OC area