iOS Engineer, Venture Studios
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
ABOUT VENTURE STUDIOS
TribalScale Venture Studios is a $100 million, 5-year program that partners with entrepreneurs to create disruptive startups. The program is a new model for Corporate Innovation Labs in partnership with entrepreneurs & Fortune 500 Companies. Venture Studios is predicated on partnership, and leverages innovation from both inside and outside of an enterprise with the objective of creating new disruptive companies from the ground up. Venture Studios will initially be focused on three industries in which TribalScale has deep domain expertise, enterprise customers, and connections to senior executives: Financial Services, Automotive, and Media. We are focused on partnering with entrepreneurs who are looking to build startups using Artificial Intelligence (AI), Voice, Blockchain, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented & Virtual Reality (AR/VR).
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion for building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from day one. You appreciate a sense of ownership and recognition for your daily work. You have a strong desire to work directly with founders who have world-class experience developing and launching products from the ground up.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- On a daily basis, you will have the opportunity to elegantly bring designs to life using cutting edge technologies and techniques.
- As a team player in a highly collaborative environment, you will take ownership of the quality and usability of your code and work directly with your team members, corporate advisors, mentors, and the TribalScale team.
- You will work in an agile environment using Extreme Programming, which enables the rapid creation of new products and companies.
- 2+ years experience with Objective-C or Swift.
- An ability to learn quickly, and a desire to engage with new technologies.
- Strong communication skills in a pair programming environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Continuous Deployment
- System architecture and design
- TDD or iOS testing suites
- CI tools such as XCode server or using JenkinsWorking in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meetups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.