International Senior Financial & Sales Operations Manager
TribalScale is a digital innovation firm that brings organizations — from the startup to the enterprise — into the future. We help our clients strategize, design, and build digital products through transformation engagements and individual project-builds. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive in deep to transforms teams; we teach the methods, the processes, and best practices needed to think and work like leading startups. And with TribalScale Venture Studios, we create disruptive startups in partnership with corporates and entrepreneurs. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists and futurists to create and transform with us.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion for building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit. You thoroughly enjoy a client facing role and the challenge of growing the business. You have a strong desire to work directly with founders who have world-class experience developing and launching products from the ground up.
We are seeking a Strategic Business Manager to work out of our Toronto office. The candidate should provide cross border business insight, advice and support the Business Operations, Leadership Team and Project & Product managers in Toronto on all ongoing projects in the Middle East and Asia Region.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for managing operations for the USA & Dubai Cost Centres including but not limited to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, data and analytics related to performance, shared services and financing
- Managing all the key business activities of development, submissions, evaluations, contracting, implementation and reporting system
- Managing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan, as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash
- Produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training.
- Identify prospects and build a strong pipeline of new clients, aimed at building long-term revenue streams
- Develop and maintain relationships with current clients to drive new revenue
- 3+ years of previous experience doing business with clients in the Middle East is required, as this role needs a solid understanding of business relations, laws, etc. in this region
- 10 + years of management experience, including experience managing business development, financials and business operations is essential for working in this job.
- 7+ years of solid budgeting and financial planning experience is required as this role involves managing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
- 10+ years of business development experience, working directly with C-level executives
- 5+ years of previous experience working in technical services organizations is required to fully understand the complexities of selling, delivering and managing this model
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, or a related field;
- Must be comfortable with 50% travel to Dubai and the U.S.
- Strong understanding of how a business operates and a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
- Excellent networking skills.
- The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence/persuade others and gain acceptance/approval of controversial or innovative ideas and concepts.
- Ability to implement strategic plans
- Self-confident; highly motivated; high energy; ability to work under minimal supervision; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including a high level of competence using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and tools such as Slack, G-Suite
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, new challenges, and changing priorities/objectives.
- Knowledge and love of the technology industry
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front of the mobile revolution. We are expert builders in voice tech, and now, we're connecting the world. We work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomic, and many more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and is valued. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off. We promise you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business, and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent (40 hours per week)
Wage: [$43.50 per hour]
Address: 200 Wellington St. W., Toronto, ON