Senior UI/UX Designer - Toronto
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
You're excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, drive design innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and client work at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers under minimal supervision.
Your previous work experience has given you a holistic understanding of how digital products are conceived, built, and managed. You don't necessarily know how to code, but you have a general understanding of the infrastructure that makes up an application. You are able to meet with potential clients and understand their business goals, their users' desires, and are able to identify opportunities where design can bring their ideas to the next level while putting the needs of their users first.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply a user centred approach to design problems.
- Work collaboratively engineers, Project Managers, and fellow designers in supporting the TribalScale marketing projects.
- Assist in preparation of presentation and as required make presentations.
- Prepare print ready art files for flyers, posters signs, etc.
- Proof publications for spelling and grammar.
- Create graphic designs as directed by Director of Design, Marketing Manager or as a creative assignment.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and take direction.
- Assists all departments with graphic requests as needed.
- Attend meetings with marketing team, design team, or leadership team to get requirements for work.
- 4+ Years of professional work experience in UI/UX related positions.
- Oversee and ensure that our team produces best-in-class designs for the projects we work on.
- Continuously work to improve our design process by testing and implementing new tools, and leading initiatives that elevate our design practice.
- Comfortable with being client-facing with the ability to understand and articulate business goals & talk design strategy.
- Proficiency of UX design discipline – user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Immaculate attention to detail, typography, and interactivity.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process.
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Collaborate well with Product Mangers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and assets.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with motion graphics / animation.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Familiar with Lean Startup Methodologies, Design Sprints, and Gamestorming.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.