Vice President, Delivery
At TribalScale we like to think of ourselves as a global innovation company. But what does that mean? It means we don’t just build digital products for our clients, we help them transform into the kinds of companies that will lead the world into the 21st Century, and we do it — globally.
We’re a unique blend of digital transformation, product development and design. Our designers, product managers, engineers, and industry experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies. But more importantly, we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. We don’t just give them a fish, we teach them how to catch their own, because we’re excited to help build the future of technology and we want to give our clients the tools to build it with us.
We also partner with our clients to create new startups in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages our teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners.
All in all, our goal at TribalScale is to empower our clients to build success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Vice President, Delivery is primarily responsible for managing and enabling our Product, QA, Development and Design teams in delivering world-class products and transformation engagements. Under the direction of the Chief Product Officer, and in collaboration with the other various departments represented by the leadership team at TribalScale, the VP, Delivery is charged with ensuring we are meeting client needs and exceeding all expectations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the Product Management, QA, Engineering and Design teams in Toronto
- Work with Sales, PMs, Engineers, and Designers to ensure we are delivering amazing software and maintaining our high quality standards
- Help define our market positioning, optimize our billing model (i.e. resource utilization, etc.), and ultimately be responsible for setting up the organization to be able to deliver on our ambitious project services target.
- Participate with other leaders in pitching TribalScale, scoping solutions, and ultimately delivering results
- Lead the growth of our transformation work and build a strong consulting mindset and professionalism within the organization
- Provide high-level oversight of projects and ensure that they are appropriately staffed
- Be an outstanding leader, coach and mentor for our ambitious and talented delivery team members
- 10+ years of product/project delivery experience or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a consulting or services environment, ideally at the Director level or higher.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous experience managing successful teams.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Proficiency with at least one agile methodology – e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
- User-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest technology trends.
- Can wear many different hats and collaborate well with other members of Leadership, their team members and other groups across the company.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- Very strong communication and influence skills.
- As comfortable working with engineers designing APIs as you are with executives communicating the value of lean methodologies and test-driven-development.
- Humble - know your strengths, be comfortable with your weaknesses, and will ask for help when they need it.
Nice to Have
- Software development experience (coding)
- Previous experience speaking at conferences
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
- Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.