Senior Product Designer (UX)
TribalScale is a global innovation firm that uniquely blends digital transformation, product development and design, and startup co-creation in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale’s product designers, product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies (including but not limited to: over the top services, voice, and the Internet of things), and we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages its teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners. Overall, TribalScale partners and works with large corporations to enable client success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
You're excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, drive design innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and client work at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers under minimal supervision.
Your previous work experience has given you a holistic understanding of how digital products are conceived, built, and managed. You don't necessarily know how to code, but you have a general understanding of the infrastructure that makes up an application. You are able to meet with potential clients and understand their business goals, their users' desires, and are able to identify opportunities where design can bring their ideas to the next level while putting the needs of their users first.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply a user centred approach to design problems.
- Work collaboratively engineers, Project Managers, and fellow designers in supporting TribalScale projects.
- Assist in preparation of presentation and as required make presentations.
- Proof publications for spelling and grammar.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and take direction.
- Assists all departments with graphic requests as needed.
- 4+ Years of professional work experience in UX related positions.
- Oversee and ensure that our team produces best-in-class designs for the projects we work on.
- Continuously work to improve our design process by testing and implementing new tools and methodologies, and leading initiatives that elevate our design practice.
- Comfortable with being client-facing with the ability to understand and articulate business goals & talk design strategy.
- Proficiency of UX design discipline – user flows, user interviews, user testing, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Immaculate attention to detail, and interactivity.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process.
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Sketch, Figma)
- Collaborate well with Product Mangers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and assets.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Familiar with Lean Startup Methodologies, Design Sprints, and Gamestorming.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength. Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Corporate Blinkist subscription
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.