Product Manager - Irvine
Today, mobile isn't limited to the phones in our pocket; mobile is on our wrist, around our neck, it’s the devices all over our home and work. TribalScale is here because we see where technology is moving and we want to leverage our deep mobile experience to further accelerate connecting the world. We’re looking for a product manager that will help us take innovative products from initial concept to full-blown launch in a variety of different markets for our industry-leading clients.
ABOUT YOUYou're excited about building products in the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, drive product innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and client work at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers under minimal supervision
- We all come from a pedigree that helped 'mobile eat the world', working with brands such as NBA, Facebook, Microsoft, Viacom, etc. Now we’re going to connect the world.
- You’ll get to collaborate and work with some of the most passionate folks in the tech scene from places like Toronto, NYC, SF, LA/OC, and Dubai.
- We want our employees to be at the forefront of their profession and offer plenty of opportunities to attend leading industry conferences/workshops.
- We play as hard as we work by holding company socials every Friday and monthly events in the LA/OC area.
- Our Irvine office is at the heart of the OC tech industry. It is a beautiful open-concept workspace that promotes collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking. Our building offers a fully furnished private courtyard with fire pits for breaks and evening socials, full basketball court, outdoor putting green, and an on-site fitness center for all employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the product backlog and weekly cadence – write user stories, prioritize feature development, plan iterations, and keep your engineers unblocked.
- Conduct competitive analysis and synthesize findings to make data-driven product decisions.
- Lead client-facing projects and work closely with executive stakeholders to ensure a timely delivery of feature complete applications
- Leading designs sprints and consult clients on how to prioritize their product roadmaps
- Help enable our client’s product teams through pairing and teaching best practices in agile product management
- 2-5 years as a product manager or equivalent consulting experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Proficiency with at least one agile methodology – e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Can wear many different hats and collaborate well with UX Designers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- Very strong communication skills and know how to influence without authority.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Being an entrepreneur – we love people who’ve started their own ventures, big or small.
- Worked on an XP team and can sing its praises.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Savvy with quantitative analysis and a working knowledge of statistics
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Have read the following books: The Lean Startup (Eric Ries), Sprint (Jake Knapp), and The Innovators Dilemma (Clayton M. Christensen).
- Catered breakfast every morning and fully stocked fridge of drinks and pantry of snacks
- Weekly Lunch and Learns from industry leaders
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Entertainment subscription (Netflix or Spotify)
- Friday socials every week and frequent group activities in the LA/OC area
- Monthly in-office events (i.e. movie/game nights, potlucks, costume contests, holiday festivities)
- Office closed over Winter Holidays