TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for full-cycle bookkeeping:
- Manage multiple sets of books across all TribalScale entities
- Maintain the day-to-day record keeping of journal entries, financial transaction and expense details
- Review employee expense reports to ensure alignment with company expense policy and expense is properly categorized
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare cash receipts, cheques, payments and bank deposits
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and HST remittances
- Other accounting duties:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual monthly operating statements & variances, reconciliations and account balance
- Maintain and improve chart of accounts; verify, allocate, and post transactions. Balance accounts by reconciling entries
- Provide input for the development of policies and procedures
- Interact & maintain good relationships with external tax and accounting partners
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business related studies
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounting or bookkeeping role
- Proficiency in Quickbooks is a must
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including computer skills particularly GSuite, MS Office and Expensify
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.