Ruby Engineer - Toronto
TribalScale is a rapidly growing custom software design and development company, made up of the best and brightest from across the world. Headquartered in Toronto, TribalScale continues to expand its global footprint with offices in Dubai, New York, and California. Our teams create world-class products and digital experiences across Web, Mobile, and Emerging Technologies for notable brands, such as ABC News, AAA and PGA Tour, to usher them into the digital age.
Some of the platforms and environments that we work with:
- Mobile Apps & Web Services (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Home
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
- We value meritocracy, transparency and empowerment.
- We offer equal opportunity for everyone to thrive in our innovative and collaborative environment.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and have tremendous growth opportunities.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion for building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate a sense of ownership and recognition for your daily work. You have a strong desire to work directly with founders who have world-class experience developing and launching products from the ground up.
- Elegantly bring designs to life by using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Lead client-facing projects in small teams
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 2+ years professional experience with Ruby
- Knowledge of Ruby web application frameworks including Rails or Sinatra
- Strong communication skills in a pair programming environment
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis
- Bonus points for experience with:
- Elastic Search
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- System design
- Cloud platforms such as AWS, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, RackSpace or similar platforms
- Breakfast is provided every morning and we have a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly Lunch & Learns, presented by industry speakers
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Smash Bros, foosball or ping-pong
- Regular events including sports, Friday Socials and quarterly events
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Health benefits, including Akira membership account
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Netflix membership
- Office closed over Winter Holidays
The Tribe as a whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Become part of the Tribe.