Senior Software Engineer - Replatforming
TribalScale is a rapidly growing custom software design and development company, made up of the best and brightest from across the world. Headquartered in Toronto, TribalScale continues to expand its global footprint with offices in Dubai, New York, and California. Our teams create world-class products and digital experiences across Web, Mobile, and Emerging Technologies for high profile brands, such as ABC News, AAA and PGA Tour, to usher them into the digital age.
Some of the platforms and environments that we work with:
- Mobile Apps & Web Services (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Home
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
- We value meritocracy, transparency and empowerment.
- We offer equal opportunity for everyone to thrive in our innovative and collaborative environment.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and have tremendous growth opportunities.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on software engineer you will help customers realize the benefits of building cloud native applications and architectures. Key responsibilities are:
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with TribalScale’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Help our client champion stakeholders become agents of change within their organizations
Skillset and Experience
- 5+ years work experience
- Excellent .NET C# programming skills
- Good understanding of at least 3 other languages (like Java, Ruby, C/C++)
- Deep understanding of database principles, working with distributed systems is a huge plus
- Delivered and deployed large enterprise systems with an emphasis on scale
- Familiarity with multiple PaaS systems, especially Cloud Foundry
- Can troubleshoot IaaS systems (GCP, AWS) with an eye for problem solving
- Have experience or the attitude and drive to learn Extreme Programming practices (TDD, Pair Programming etc.)
- Have extremely good communication skills and can work in a team environment
- Breakfast is provided every morning and we have a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly Lunch & Learns, presented by industry speakers
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Smash Bros, foosball or ping-pong
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- 100% dental and vision coverage
- Office closed over Winter Holidays
- Regular office events including game nights, movie nights, fitness sessions and more