TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion for building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from day one. You appreciate a sense of ownership and recognition for your daily work. You have a strong desire to work directly with founders who have world-class experience developing and launching products from the ground up.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop AI/machine learning solutions targeted towards disruptive opportunities for TribalScale, based on perception, computer vision, speech, audio, cyber physical systems, etc.
- Build novel machine learning/AI algorithms to develop differentiating IP for TribalScale.
- Build quick Proof of Concepts (POC) and project ownership around projects that can demonstrate utilization, value and lead to scalable solutions.
- Stay up-to-date on developments in the field and propose long term capability buildup.
- Collaborate with other R&D groups as well as business units within TribalScale (around AI) while maintaining clear differentiation and value in our specific offerings, and leading the path of innovative value driven AI solutions.
- Leverage experience with systems, and application development to realize products/offerings in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, statistics or related quantitative discipline with a focus on Machine Learning/AI/Reinforcement learning or related areas with at least 3 years of experience.
- Strong background in two or more of the following areas: machine learning/AI algorithms, computations/statistical learning theory, data analysis, optimization, functional analysis and deep learning.
- A demonstrable track record of developing novel algorithms, solutions and delivered/deployed projects in the area preferred.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks
- Hands on coding experience in two or more of C/C++, Python, Scala, Lua, Java, R, Matlab
- A sense of ambition and passion to change the world using AI and machine Learning
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meetups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.