Executive-In-Residence, Venture Studios
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
ABOUT VENTURE STUDIOS
TribalScale Venture Studios is a $100 million, 5-year program that partners with entrepreneurs to create disruptive startups. The program is a new model for Corporate Innovation Labs in partnership with entrepreneurs & Fortune 500 Companies. Venture Studios is predicated on partnership, and leverages innovation from both inside and outside of an enterprise with the objective of creating new disruptive companies from the ground up. Venture Studios will initially be focused on three industries in which TribalScale has deep domain expertise, enterprise customers, and connections to senior executives: Financial Services, Automotive, and Media. We are focused on partnering with entrepreneurs who are looking to build startups using Artificial Intelligence (AI), Voice, Blockchain, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented & Virtual Reality (AR/VR).
You have extensive management and executive experience in one of the four Venture Studios focus industries: Financial Services, Automotive, Media, Travel/Hospitality. You have advised or mentored startup founders in some capacity, and you are willing to lend your experience in supporting high-growth companies. You have the ability to switch contexts in a high-paced environment and can support the iterative mindset needed for lean startup development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Meet portfolio companies (including early stage project teams) at least once a week to review progress and provide guidance when needed.
- Validate and provide input on strategic decisions.
- Support client introductions and business development efforts.
- Assist with introductions to leading industry experts and high-profile executives.
- 10-15 years of executive or management experience.
- Strong network with core industries: Financial Services, Automotive, Media, or Travel & Entertainment
- Ability to dedicate up to 10-12 hours per week to Venture Studio portfolio companies/projects
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Regular fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meetups
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.