TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
You're excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology, and you strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have a high impact on design and innovation, and meaningfully contribute to both our work environment and the world at large. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between enterprise work, startup work, and internal initiatives, and can support your peers under minimal supervision.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage typography, iconography, color, space and texture for the UI products you work on.
- Ensure the user-interface is great visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use applications.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Remain up to date on the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in designing brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts and applications for web and mobile.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the graphic design field.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Sketch.
- Ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a ever evolving environment.
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers.
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Immaculate attention to detail, typography, and interactivity.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process.
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Ability to collaborate well with Product Managers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Some entrepreneurial experience.
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Familiar with Lean Startup Methodologies, Design Sprints and Gamestorming
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.