Software Engineer Roku
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion for building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate a sense of ownership and recognition for your daily work. You have a strong desire to work directly with founders who have world-class experience developing and launching products from the ground up.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Elegantly bring designs to life by using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Lead client-facing projects in small teams
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 2+ years professional experience with Roku / BrightScript
- Preferred experience working directly with clients
- Able to travel and work out of client offices
- Strong communication skills in a pair programming environment
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- System architecture and design
- Test Driven Development
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Free Netflix membership
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.