Enterprise Solutions Architect (Contract or Full-Time)
TribalScale is a rapidly growing digital product, design and development company, made up of the best and brightest from across the world. Headquartered in Toronto, TribalScale continues to expand its global footprint with offices in Dubai, New York, and Irvine, California. Our teams create world-class products and digital experiences across Web, Mobile, and Emerging Technologies for high profile brands, such as ABC News, AAA and PGA Tour, to usher them into the digital age.
Some of the platforms and environments that we work with:
- Mobile Apps & Web Services (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Home
- Beacon Solutions
- VR & AR
- We value meritocracy, transparency and empowerment.
- We offer equal opportunity for everyone to thrive in our innovative and collaborative environment.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and have tremendous growth opportunities.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on architect you will help customers realize the benefits of building cloud native applications and architectures. Key responsibilities are:
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with TribalScale’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Help our client champion stakeholders become agents of change within their organizations
- You are a great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based architectures
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; you have a strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
- You are an Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
- Experience building and operating distributed, concurrent systems
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix Open Source Platform components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Operational experience with: RabbitMQ, Erlang, AMQP
- Experience with service-oriented architectures (Java or .NET)
- Understanding of networking, including the structure and function of the TCP/IP stack and how to debug networking problems
- Strong debugging skills - especially in context of distributed architectures
- Experience and academic interest in distributed systems, distributed algorithms, fundamental problems in distributed computing
Approximately 50% travel within North America required for this position.
- Full-time employees are all shareholders in the company
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- 100% Dental and Vision coverage