Backend Software Engineer
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, TribalScale is a digital firm specialized in the design, and development of world class digital products. Our team has a history of working with innovative, premium brands to create five star products for web, mobile, and emerging technologies. Some of the platforms and environments that we have worked on and will be working on are:
- Mobile apps & Web Services (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry)
- Connected Cars (CarPlay, Android Auto)
- Smartwatches, Google Glass & Other Wearables
- Connected Home
- Smart TVs
- Beacon solutions
- We all come from a pedigree that helped 'mobile eat the world', working with brands such as NBA, Facebook, Microsoft, Viacom, etc. Now we’re going to connect the world.
- As a new company, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of our business and have the tremendous growth opportunity.
- We are located at the heart of downtown Toronto with easy access to public transit.
- We offer great benefits: catered breakfast everyday, weekly lunch while learning from industry speakers, dinner for those working late, snacks, health benefits and Netflix membership accounts.
- And you’ll get to work with some of the most passionate folks in the Toronto tech scene.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market
- Create robust and scalable production services
- Lead client-facing projects in small teams
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 2+ years professional experience
- Experience with a variety of frameworks and languages including Java Spring, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Golang or the ability to learn quickly
- Preferred experience with system design
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, RackSpace or similar platforms
- Preferred experience working directly with clients
- Strong communication skills in a pair programming environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Preferred experience with test driven development
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis
- Catered breakfast for you to start your day
- Team events to have some fun together!
- Comprehensive health benefits plan
- Full-time employees are all shareholders in the company
- Weekly lunch and learn with industry speakers and internal lightning talks
- Snacks, drinks and the much needed pour over coffee machine
- Games room with ping-pong, foosball and consoles, including Smash Bros!
- Company sporting teams and socials
- Netflix membership