Human Resources Business Partner
At TribalScale we like to think of ourselves as a global innovation company. But what does that mean? It means we don’t just build digital products for our clients, we help them transform into the kinds of companies that will lead the world into the 21st Century, and we do it — globally.
We’re a unique blend of digital transformation, product development and design. Our designers, product managers, engineers, and industry experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies. But more importantly, we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. We don’t just give them a fish, we teach them how to catch their own, because we’re excited to help build the future of technology and we want to give our clients the tools to build it with us.
We also partner with our clients to create new startups in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages our teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners.
All in all, our goal at TribalScale is to empower our clients to build success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
You are interested in playing a critical role in the HR Team’s ability to deliver services and programs to people managers and employees and in providing employees with a first-class employee experience. You have previous experience working on a small HR team, providing day-to-day and operational support
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as the primary HR contact for employees and people managers, providing information and advice on day-to-day or operational HR questions and issues
- Maintain and update all company policies in order to be compliant with ESA at all times
- Act as a champion and role-model for our company values and culture
- Provide support and advice related to HR matters such as employee relations; performance management; and employee engagement
- Execute on-boarding activities as well as all processes related to the departure of employees
- Act as a departmental resource as it relates to the technology required to provide services, liaising with vendors and providing feedback
- Manage our benefits and employee perks
- Update and maintain HR database with employee change requests and processes paperwork –identifying opportunities to automate and streamline processes and services
- Produce reports that contribute the HR Dashboard, ensuring a high level of data integrity at all times
- Reinforce communication throughout the organization to support leaders and employees in understanding and supporting new initiatives and changes
- Perform All recruitment tasks and help the teams with job postings, scheduling and pre screening of candidates
- Work closely with different universities to hire coops each term as part of our coop program
- Work closely with our immigration lawyers in order to help assist employees with any immigration related issues
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years operational HR experience in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- University Degree and working towards a CHRP designation or equivalent
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Technical recruitment experience
- Working knowledge of relevant labour and employment legislation, current HR practices and the ability to use knowledge proactively
- Flexibility and the ability to pivot quickly to changing priorities or unanticipated demands
- Maturity with the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and initiative in dealing with confidential information and/or in responding to inquiries
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated sound judgment in escalating issues as appropriate
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Previous experience in digital or technology services company
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
- Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Corporate Blinkist Subscription
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.