Senior Product Designer (UI)
TribalScale is a global innovation firm that uniquely blends digital transformation, product development and design, and startup co-creation in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale’s product designers, product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies (including but not limited to: over the top services, voice, and the Internet of things), and we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages its teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners. Overall, TribalScale partners and works with large corporations to enable client success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
You're excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, drive design innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and client work at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers under minimal supervision.
Your previous work experience has given you a holistic understanding of how digital products are conceived, built, and managed. You don't necessarily know how to code, but you have a general understanding of the infrastructure that makes up an application. You are able to meet with potential clients and understand their business goals, their users' desires, and are able to identify opportunities where design can bring their ideas to the next level while putting the needs of their users first.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify Business problems and user pain points.
- Create mood boards, style sheets, and storyboards.
- Design beautiful experience for iOS, Android and web-based projects thought user-centric mindset.
- Stakeholders Interviews, User Interviews and User Testing.
- Create a delightful experience for OTT (TV), Car Infotainment Systems and other emerging technologies.
- A strong background with at least 5+ years of user interface design experience.
- A sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and prototyping tools such as Figma, Principle, FramerX, Sketch, InVision, and Adobe CS.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Direct client interaction experience with the ability to build relationships, understand client vision/direction and present designs and concepts.
- Comfortable with being client-facing with the ability to understand and articulate business goals & talk design strategy.
- Oversee and ensure that our team produces best-in-class designs for the projects we work on.
- Proficiency of UX design discipline – user flows, user interviews, user testing, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process.
- Collaborate well with Product Managers, Product Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Familiar with Lean Startup Methodologies and Design Sprints
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Corporate Blinkist subscription
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.