Legal / Contracts - Intern
TribalScale is a global innovation firm that uniquely blends digital transformation, product development and design, and startup co-creation in the service of technological enablement and innovation. TribalScale’s product designers, product managers, engineers, and subject matter experts create digital solutions for web, mobile, and emerging technologies (including but not limited to: over the top services, voice, and the Internet of things), and we transform our clients into digital-first companies through teaching and collaborative development. TribalScale Venture Studios leverages its teams, processes, and tools to create, source, and scale startups in conjunction with corporate partners. Overall, TribalScale partners and works with large corporations to enable client success in today’s rapidly changing digital market.
You are passionate about technology and helping TribalScale adopt the leading edge contract management processes to scale. You are ready and excited to jump into a small team that works hard and plays hard. You should feel comfortable developing high level strategy and then driving the implementation at the ground level. You play a critical role in our ability to achieve our goals by creating and maintaining strong relationships with clients, suppliers and negotiating contracts. You are excited for a level of autonomy and end-to-end ownership from contract close-out, extension, renewal and communicate contractual changes to all stakeholders. You are able to creatively resolve any contract-related issues that come up with a business first mindset, whether internally or externally. You are able to partner with a variety of business support functions, including sales, delivery, finance and operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate and execute contracts
- Establish and maintain client relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters and negotiations
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation
- Develop standards for contracts, including risk mitigation, payment terms, general language and provisions.
- Provide business oriented contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders including but not limited to executive team, sales, delivery, finance and operations.
- Facilitate and manage third party contractual relationships including but not limited to vendors, suppliers, grants, funding and regulatory bodies.
- Bachelor’s Degree prefered
- Progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract negotiation, administration and/or management
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong contract drafting and modeling software skills
- Robust skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraint
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience working with software and IT contracts
- Have a legal or business related background
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Corporate Blinkist subscription
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.