Senior UI/UX Designer - Irvine
ABOUT USTribalScale is a digital innovation firm that brings organizations — from the startup to the enterprise — into the future. We help our clients strategize, design, and build digital products through transformation engagements and individual project-builds. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive in deep to transforms teams; we teach the methods, the processes, and best practices needed to think and work like leading startups. And with TribalScale Venture Studios, we create disruptive startups in partnership with corporates and entrepreneurs. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists and futurists to create and transform with us.
You're excited about designing the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, drive design innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and client work at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers under minimal supervision.
Your previous work experience has given you a holistic understanding of how digital products are conceived, built, and managed. You don't necessarily know how to code, but you have a general understanding of the infrastructure that makes up an application. You are able to meet with potential clients and understand their business goals, their users' desires, and are able to identify opportunities where design can bring their ideas to the next level while putting the needs of their users first.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply a user centred approach to design problems.
- Work collaboratively engineers, Project Managers, and fellow designers in supporting the TribalScale marketing projects.
- Assist in preparation of presentation and as required make presentations.
- Prepare print ready art files for flyers, posters signs, etc.
- Proof publications for spelling and grammar.
- Create graphic designs as directed by Director of Design, Marketing Manager or as a creative assignment.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and take direction.
- Assists all departments with graphic requests as needed.
- Attend meetings with marketing team, design team, or leadership team to get requirements for work.
- 5+ Years of professional work experience in UI/UX related positions.
- Oversee and ensure that our team produces best-in-class designs for the projects we work on.
- Continuously work to improve our design process by testing and implementing new tools, and leading initiatives that elevate our design practice.
- Comfortable with being client-facing with the ability to understand and articulate business goals & talk design strategy.
- Proficiency of UX design discipline – user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Proficiency with the latest design tools and software (Adobe CS, Sketch)
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Immaculate attention to detail, typography, and interactivity.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout your design process.
- Consistently up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Collaborate well with Product Mangers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone else in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and assets.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates previous work samples.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with motion graphics / animation.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Familiar with Lean Startup Methodologies, Design Sprints, and Gamestorming.
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 99% dental and vision coverage, 80% health coverage and 50% dependent coverage
- Catered breakfasts on a daily basis
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry of snacks
- Basketball court, outdoor lounge, gym, putting green and complimentary bike share
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Entertainment subscription: Netflix, Hulu or Spotify
Make Meaningful Connections
- Weekly Friday socials
- Monthly in-office events: movies, game nights, potlucks, costume contests, and holiday festivities
- Monthly team activities in the LA/OC area
- Take a coffee break, chat, and relax in our fully-furnished outdoor courtyard with firepits
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!