Senior Agile Software Engineer - Node
TribalScale is a digital innovation firm that brings organizations — from the startup to the enterprise — into the future. We help our clients strategize, design, and build digital products through transformation engagements and individual project-builds. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive in deep to transforms teams; we teach the methods, the processes, and best practices needed to think and work like leading startups. And with TribalScale Venture Studios, we create disruptive startups in partnership with corporates and entrepreneurs. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists and futurists to create and transform with us.
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Elegantly bring designs to life by using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Lead client-facing projects in small teams
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 5+ years building web API's and applications
- Knowledge of different web application frameworks
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis
- Preferred experience working directly with clients
- Strong communication skills for a pair programming environment
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Exposure to React
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Cloud platforms such as AWS, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, RackSpace or similar platforms
- System design
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- Our values: Meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency.
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front of the mobile revolution. We are expert builders in voice tech, and now, we're connecting the world. We work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomic, and many more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and is valued. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off. We promise you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business, and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Daily hot breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen: unlimited drinks and snacks
- Office fitness and social events
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Corporate-discounted GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis: company perk plan
- Corporate Blinkist subscription
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
- Take your pick at a gaming break: Super Smash Bros, foosball, ping pong
Discover Your Potential
- Tickets to local events, conferences & meet-ups
- Out-of-town conference subsidies
- $2000 annual professional development allowance
- Weekly Lunch & Learns with industry leaders
- $3000 referral bonus
Want To See The World?
Our employees have the opportunity to rotate through our offices, giving employees the chance to travel, experience new cultures and discover their full potential.
At TribalScale our company is built on doing things differently and challenging the status quo. We don’t just support differences, we celebrate and thrive on difference for the benefit of our employees, our solutions, and our partners.
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!